All nine 'Axon' vehicles from UT2004 and the ECE Bonus Pack will be back in UT3, with a few changes.
- Scorpion - The Scorpion buggy now fires rockets instead of the energy web seen in UT2004. The vehicle also features new XMP-style rocket boosters.
- Goliath - Epic claims that the mighty Goliath tank should handle more like a tank and less like a brick in UT3.
- Leviathan - This mobile fortress still features its devastating main cannon and has added distinct weapon fire to each of its four turrets rather than UT2004's link-like projectile. Each turret also has an alternate shield function.
In addition, there will also be an all-new selection of nine 'Necris' vehicles.
- Viper - A one-man speeder-like vehicle.
- Darkwalker - Think "War of the Worlds". A two-man tripod vehicle that hovers over the surface and uses its legs to pull it along. You don't want to get caught in the "eyes" of its twin lasers!
Each player will also have use of a Hoverboard, added as a way to keep people in the action at all times. Steve Polge comments (E3 2006) on the Hoverboard:
It's not something you want to use in combat, because you don't have a weapon when you're on it. And if you get shot while you're on it you're going to tumble and become an easy target. You can also grapple onto the backs of other vehicles and get a ride. Steve also mentioned that thay also used to it solve the problem of when someone takes off in a hellbender without you, you can quickly grapple onto and tow yourself into the vehicle while it's moving.